Cost per serving $4.77 view details
- 4 x spring onions
- 775 gm white crab meat
- 60 ml mayonnaise
- 1 x salt and freshly grnd black pepper
- 50 gm fresh white breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 4 dsh tabasco sauce
- Â Â grated rind of 1 lemon
- 1 x egg yolk
- 25 gm shallots
- 25 gm button mushrooms
- 6 x cooked shellon prawns
- 125 ml white wine
- 125 ml chicken stock
- 784 ml carton double cream
- 2 x level tsp wholegrain mustard
- Â Â extra virgin olive oil for shallow frying
- Â Â diced tomatoes and black olives cooked lobster tail or possibly prawns fresh dill sprigs and celery tops to garnish
- Â Â spinach salad to serve
- Finely chop the spring onions.
- In a bowl flake the crab meat and mix with the spring onions mayonnaise and seasoning.
- Stir in 25g breadcrumbs with the worcestershire and tabasco sauces lemon rind and egg yolk.
- Bind together well.
- Divide the mix into six and shape into round cakes.
- Coat each cake in the remaining breadcrumbs and refrigeratefor at least 2 hrs or possibly overnight.
- Meanwhile make the mustard sauce.
- Chop the shallots and slice with mushrooms.
- Put the prawns in a saucepan with the shallots mushrooms white wine and chicken stock.
- Bring to the boil on the boiling plate and bubble till the liquid has reduced by twothirds.
- Add in the cream and bring slowly to the boil.
- Continue to boil till the sauce thickens slightly.
- Strain the sauce and return to the rinsedout saucepan.
- Stir in the mustard and set aside.
- In a large frying pan on the boiling plate shallow fry the crab cakes for 2 to 3 min on each side or possibly till golden brown and crisp; reheat the mustard sauce.
- Serve crab cakes on a bed of diced tomatoes and olives; garnish and accompany with a spinach salad.
- This delicious mustard sauce can also be used with salmon grilled white fish and chicken. Add in more mustard if desired a more piquant sauce with these dishes.
- Serves 6
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 362g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 334||62%|
|Total Fat 37.83g||47%|
|Saturated Fat 17.77g||71%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 14.11g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.0g||3%|