Cost per serving $2.68 view details
- 1 pound crabmeat, picked free of shells
- 1/3 cup crushed crackers (recommended: Ritz)
- 3 green onions (green and white parts), finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped bell pepper
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Flour, for dusting
- 1/2 cup peanut oil
- Favorite dipping sauce, for serving
- In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients, except for the flour and peanut oil. Shape into patties and dust with flour.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When oil is hot, carefully place crab cakes, in batches, in pan and fry until browned, about 4 to 5 minutes. Carefully flip crab cakes and fry on other side until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Serve warm with preferred sauce.
- * I make mine about 2 inches wide and about an inch thick and serve them as apps. But you can make them bigger for main dishes. Best served with a Rumalade Sauce as a base, Crab Cake on top slightly off centered and a corn relish on top. Sprig of Cilantro or Parsley as a garnish.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 140g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 244||71%|
|Total Fat 27.61g||35%|
|Saturated Fat 4.56g||18%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 6.99g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.7g||2%|