This tasty recipe spices up your everyday macaroni with delicious Louisiana Lump Crab meat. Perfect for any occasion, this chilled pasta will add that mouth-watering, southern flair to any meal or party!
Chef: Michael O'Boyle
- 8-12 oz Louisiana Lump Crab meat
- 1 Box of Elbow macaroni
- 1 Tablespoon Liquid Crab Boilâ¨1 Tablespoon of garlic
- 1 Shallot finely diced
- 1 Red Bell pepper cut into matchsticks
- Â¼ Cup finely chopped celery
- Â¼ Cup chopped fresh parsley
- Remoulade Sauce
- Â½ Cup Mayo
- Salt and Pepper
- Cajun Seasoning of your choice
- Lemonâ¨1 Cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1 Bunch of chives
- Bring water to a boil according to instructions. Add 1 tablespoon of salt and 1 tablespoon of crab boil and pasta. Cook as directed. Drain, reserving 1 cup of pasta water, and set aside in a large bowl to cool.
- SautÃ© garlic and shallot in a small pan with about a teaspoon of oil or butter for 3 minutes on low heat. *Deglaze with a splash of white wine. Add to cooling pasta.
- To the pasta add peppers, celery and parsley and stir to combine.
- Whisk together equal parts Remoulade sauce and mayo. Add a bit of pasta water to loosen if necessary. Season with Cajun seasoning to taste. Stir into pasta mixture.
- Gently fold crab into pasta salad and chill for 10-15 minutes in the fridge. At this point you could add more seasoning if you want it spicier.
- When ready to serve, place in a bowl and sprinkle toasted bread crumbs and chopped chives.
- * White wine can be left out entirely based on preference.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 165g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 215||73%|
|Total Fat 24.31g||30%|
|Saturated Fat 3.42g||14%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 4.74g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.6g||5%|