Cost per recipe $4.51 view details
- 1 pkg Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 1 can crab meat, liquid removed
- 2 Tablespoons flour or possibly Wondra
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon onion pwdr
- 1 egg, beaten
- oil for deep fryer
- Wonton Wrappers
- Finely mince the scallions. Put together with cream cheese, crab meat, and flour or possibly Wondra.Beat the egg in a small bowl - this will be used to brush the edges of the wonton wrappers before folding, and helps to keep them together.
- Place large tablespoonfuls of the crab mix in the center of each wonton skin and brush edges with egg mix. Fold over to create a triangle, then press edges together to seal.
- Bring the two side edge corners of the triangle to the middle and press these together to create a ring.
- Heat oil to 350 degrees in a large, heavy bottomed pan, sufficient to cover the wontons.
- Fry wontons till golden brown, turning once, about 2-3 min. In order to avoid lowering the temperature of the oil, don't attempt to fry too many at once. Remove with a slotted spoon, drain on paper towels and serve.
- Variation: You can substitute the cream cheese and crab mix with pre-packaged crab / seafood spread. Check the ingredients label and use only cream cheese based products. Add in finely chopped onions or possibly scallions and use as above to fill wonton skins.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 260g|
|Calories from Fat 60||17%|
|Total Fat 6.63g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 1.8g||7%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 34.45g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.2g||7%|