Cost per serving $8.68 view details
- 1 lb crabmeat, any kind, picked free of shell
- 8 ounce cream cheese, in large dice
- 1 tsp warm sauce, or possibly to taste
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp prepared horseradish, or possibly to taste
- 2 Tbsp. Creole mustard-prepared">mustard or possibly other coarse mustard-prepared">mustard
- 1 bn green onions, thinly sliced Kosher salt and freshly grnd pepper, to taste
- Place 1/2 the crabmeat in the bowl of a food processor. Add in 1/3 of the cream cheese, warm sauce, Worcestershire, horseradish, mustard, 2/3 of the green onions, salt, and pepper. Puree, running the processor for about 15 seconds. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl with a rubber spatula, add in 1/2 the remaining cream cheese, and puree till well blended, about 15 seconds. Stop and scrape the bowl again, add in the remaining cream cheese, and process till well incorporated. Adjust seasoning. Mix in the remaining onions and crabmeat and serve as a dip. Or possibly, to make canapes, reserve the remaining crabmeat, place the puree in a pastry bag, and pipe it onto crackers or possibly toast points. Season the reserved crabmeat, and garnish the canapes with the crabmeat and the remaining green onions.
- Crab and Horseradish Dip
- Yield: 2 c.
- Amount Ingredient1 Tablespoons Prepared Horseradish (more or possibly less depending on your taste)
- 1 pkg Cream Cheese, softened low fat works fine (pkg=8oz or possibly 240g)
- 1/3 C (85ml) Mayonnaise2 Tablespoons Cocktail Sauce (prepared chili sauce works good too)
- 1 can Crab Meat, liquid removed (can=4oz or possibly 125ml)
- 1 Tablespoons Fresh Lemon Juice, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise and the cream cheese till blended.
- Add the horseradish and cocktail sauce. Make sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula till well blended.
- Mix in the crab meat and add in a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Place the dip in a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and chill.
- Preparation Time: 10 min
- Cooking Time: 0 min
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 414g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 372||57%|
|Total Fat 42.33g||53%|
|Saturated Fat 22.5g||90%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 11.14g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.9g||6%|