Delicious seafood chowder to warm you on a cold, winter night.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cost per serving $1.99 view details
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 large sweet onion, coarsely chopped
- (about 2 cups)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups Chicken Broth
- 2 tsp. seafood seasoning
- 6 to 8 red potatoes OR fingerling potato, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 2 cups)
- 2 cups frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 container (8 ounces) refrigerated pasteurized lump crabmeat
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Cook the bacon in a 4-quart saucepan over medium-high heat for 5 minutes or until itâs crisp.
- Remove the bacon with a fork or kitchen tongs and drain on paper towels. Crumble the bacon and set aside. Pour off all but 2 tablespoons drippings.
- Reduce the heat to medium.
- Add the onion and garlic to the saucepan and cook until the onion is tender.
- Stir in the broth, seafood seasoning, potatoes and corn.
- Heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cook for 15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Stir in the crabmeat and cream and cook for 5 minutes or until the mixture is hot and bubbling.
- Divide the chowder among 6 serving bowls. Top each with about 1 tablespoon bacon.
- Tip: If you canât find sweet onions, regular white or yellow onions will work in this recipe.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 603g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 222||45%|
|Total Fat 25.04g||31%|
|Saturated Fat 12.82g||51%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 50.44g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber 6.3g||21%|