This is a hearty breakfast strada that combines your meat, eggs, and potatoes all into one dish. Just add a fruit salad and some sort of bread or pastry and you've got your brunch covered. I wasn't sure how our kids would take to the Worcestershire sauce and mustard, but they came back for seconds!
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 2 cups diced cooked ham
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 10 slices italian or sourdough bread, cubed
- 1 cup cubed cooked potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded swiss cheese (or jack cheese)
- 8 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt and pepper
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp; add ham and onion and cook, stirring, until onion is tender; drain.
- In a greased 13 x 9 baking dish, layer half the bread cubes, potatoes and cheese. Top with all of the bacon mixture. Repeat with a second layer of bread, potatoes and cheese.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs; add milk, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, salt and pepper. Pour over all. Cover and chill 1 hour or up to overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325 degrees F for 65-70 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 211g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 294||70%|
|Total Fat 32.82g||41%|
|Saturated Fat 13.76g||55%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 6.75g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.3g||1%|