Many recipes for curry are complicated, requiring a lot of ingredients.
This one calls for easily-acquired ingredients and your crockpot.
Serve with rice.
The calculated cost for this recipe is incorrect. It costs more like $15.00 - 18.00.
- 2 lbs. brisket or chuck roast, in 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 tbs. oil
- 2 cups tomato puree,
- or 15 oz. can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 cup frozen peas
- optional: 1/2 cup lentils
- 1 lb. peeled, diced potatoes
- Saute in oil : 1 bell pepper, any color, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 8 cloves garlic, chopped
- Smoke: 1 tbs. ginger, 2 tbs. curry power, 1/2 tbs. garam masala, 1 tbs. cumin
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- Brown the beef cubes in oil, put in the crockpot with broth and tomatoes.
- Smoke the spices in a skillet for 20-30 seconds, add to crockpot.
- Cover and cook on high until beef is almost tender.
- Saute the veggies in the oil.
- Add them and all other ingredients and cook until the beef and potatoes are tender, another 30-60 minutes.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 417g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 226||53%|
|Total Fat 25.1g||31%|
|Saturated Fat 7.4g||30%|
|Trans Fat 0.06g|
|Total Carbs 23.38g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.2g||14%|