I jokingly call this "Jewish" noodles alfredo, because like the italian version there are many things that can be added to it. For example you can add chicken, broccali, or other things like other veggies and meats. I prefer the plain version.
- 1 16 oz. tub of cottage cheese (use whatever curd size or fat percentage you prefer)
- 1 16 oz. tub of sour cream (again your choice of fat %)
- 4 tbls. of either margerine or butter
- 1 1lb. package of egg noodles, the wider the better.
- garlic powder
- In a large pot bring enough water for a package of noodles to a boil. If using a microwave 1/2 the recipe and use a 2 qt. container and bring it to a boil, which depending on the wattage of the microwave can take about 12 minutes.
- add salt to water.
- Add the noodles and follow the package directions for time to boil, if you like them al dente cook a minute or two less.
- Drain noodles and put them back into pot.
- Place the pot back on the stove on a low heat.
- Add the margerine/butter and stir til noodles are fully coated.
- While stirring the noodles add the sour cream. If in microwave warm up the noodles for approximately a minute.
- At this time stir in the cottage chesse.
- While stll stirring now is the time to flavor with the salt, garlic powder, and pepper. All to your tastes. If in the microwave version after flavoring to taste you place a cover of plastic wrap and heat for up to 3 minutes. Stir again, after removing from microwave.
- At this time the cheese should be gooey and the curds should be melting.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 354g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 383||44%|
|Total Fat 43.8g||55%|
|Saturated Fat 23.64g||95%|
|Trans Fat 0.07g|
|Total Carbs 87.93g||23%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.7g||12%|