Cost per serving $1.58 view details
- 3 lrg Mangos, peeled, pitted and cut into pcs
- 3 Tbsp. Freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tsp Brandy
- 1 pch Cayenne pepper
- Â Â BITTERSWEET CHOCOLATE GANACHE:
- 21 ounce Swiss dark chocolate, coarsely minced
- 1Â 1/3 c. Heavy cream
- 4 Tbsp. Unsalted butter, softened, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 c. Brandy
- 3/4 c. Crushed amaretti cookies
- 8 ounce Swiss white chocolate, coarsely minced
- 1/3 c. Plus 2 Tbsp. heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp. Unsalted butter, softened, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 c. Roasted minced pistachios, divided (See Note)
- DIFFICULTY:** PREPARATION: 1 1/2 hrs plus chilling times. Freeze the terrine 6 hrs before cutting. Recipe
- NOTE: To roast pistachios, position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees F. Spread pistachios in a single layer on a baking sheet and roast 5 to 8 min, or possibly till fragrant. Transfer the nuts to another baking sheet and cold completely.
- Make the mango sauce:1.In a food processor fitted with the metal chopping blade, process the mangos 20 to 30 seconds, or possibly till pureed. Strain the mangos into a medium saucepan. Add in the lime juice. Cook over medium heat till boiling. Remove from the heat. Stir in the brandy and cayenne pepper. Chill till serving.
- Make the bittersweet chocolate ganache:1.Line an 8-by-4-inch loaf pan with plastic wrap leaving a 2-inch overhang.
- 2.In a food processor fitted with the metal chopping blade, process the dark chocolate for 30 to 35 seconds or possibly till finely minced.
- 3.In a small saucepan, over medium heat, bring the cream to a gentle boil.
- With the motor of the food processor running, pour the warm cream through the feed tube. Process for 15 to 25 seconds or possibly till the chocolate is melted. With a spatula, scrape down the side of the bowl. Add in the butter and brandy. Process till smooth and creamy. Add in the crushed cookies.
- Process till combined. Scrape the bittersweet chocolate ganache into a large bowl. Reserve 1 c. of the ganache for frosting the outside of the terrine. (Cover with plastic wrap and store at room temperature.)
- Make the white chocolate ganache:1.Put the white chocolate in a medium bowl. In a small saucepan, over medium heat, bring the cream to a gentle boil. Pour the warm cream over the white chocolate. Let stand for 30 seconds to heat the chocolate. Gently whisk till smooth. Whisk in the butter.
- Assemble the terrine:1.Scrape 1 c. of the bittersweet chocolate ganache into the bottom of the prepared pan. Spread in an even layer. Freeze the loaf pan for 20 min or possibly till the ganache is hard. Sprinkle 1/4 c. of the pistachios over the top. Gently press them into the chocolate ganache.
- 2.Scrape 1/2 of the white chocolate ganache (about 1/2 c. plus 2 Tbsp.) over the bittersweet chocolate ganache layer and pistachios.
- Spread in an even layer. Freeze for 20 min or possibly till hard.
- 3.Scrape 1 c. of the bittersweet chocolate ganache over the white chocolate. Freeze till set. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 c. pistachios over it and press into the chocolate.
- 4.Spread the remaining white chocolate ganache over the pistachios. Freeze till set. Spread the remaining bittersweet chocolate ganache over the white chocolate ganache. Cover the top of the loaf pan and freeze the terrine 6 hrs or possibly overnight.
- Unmold the terrine:1.Place a platter over the top of the terrine. Invert the terrine onto the platter. Remove the pan. Carefully peel off the plastic wrap.
- 2.Using an offset metal cake spatula, frost the top and sides of the terrine with the reserved bittersweet chocolate ganache. (If necessary, gently
- continued in part 2
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 142g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 287||68%|
|Total Fat 32.71g||41%|
|Saturated Fat 20.1g||80%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 11.43g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.9g||3%|