Cost per recipe $9.92 view details
- 1 ounce Butter
- 8 med Large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 ounce Smoked salmon cut into long thin strips, (the thinner the better)
- Â Â Grated zest of half a lemon
- 1 Tbsp. Snipped chives
- Â Â Salt and freshly grnd black pepper
- 5 Tbsp. Double cream
- 8 x Baking cones, (cream horn moulds)
- 1 pkt Frzn puff pastry, (thawed at room temperature)
- Â Â Pot of natural Greek lowfat yoghurt, (for the dressing)
- 6 x Tomatoes skinned de-seeded and finely, (for the dressing) minced
- Â Â Diced cucumber, (for the dressing)
- Â Â Lemon - juice and zest, (for the dressing)
- Â Â Salt and freshly milled black pepper, (for the dressing)
- Prepare Dressing - Mix together natural lowfat yoghurt, prepared tomatoes and diced cucumber, zest and juice of 1 lemon and season well with a little salt and freshly milled black pepper. Set aside till required.
- Roll out pastry till approximately 1 cm thick and cut into long strips.
- Lightly grease baking cones. Starting at the tip of each cone carefully wrap each pastry strip around an individual cone, overlapping it slightly. Slightly dampen the edge of the pastry and seal it to the cone.
- Bake in a moderate oven (gas mark 5) for 15 min (approximately).
- Heat the butter over a bain-marie (double saucepan of boiling water).
- Pour the Large eggs into the butter then add in the smoked salmon lemon zest and chives and season with salt and freshly grnd black pepper.
- Stir with a wooden spoon till the mix becomes thick and creamy.
- Gradually add in the cream and remove from the heat. Check and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
- Fill two puff pastry cones with scrambled Large eggs and smoked salmon mix, and a little extra around cones. Place a little of the dressing mix, minced tomatoes and minced cucumbers around each plate, garnish with a slice of lemon and fresh herbs and serve immediately.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1420g|
|Calories from Fat 953||47%|
|Total Fat 106.9g||134%|
|Saturated Fat 42.09g||168%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 184.78g||49%|
|Dietary Fiber 10.8g||36%|