Cost per recipe $46.42 view details
- 5 lb Boneless Beef Roast*
- 2 Tbsp. Sugar
- 1/2 c. Table salt
- 2 quart Water
- 2 cl Garlic, peeled & sliced
- 2 Tbsp. Pickling spices
- 1 Tbsp. Dry chopped onion
- 3 can Light Beer, (12 ounce. each)
- 1/4 c. Bottled Italian Dressing
- 10 x Peppercorns, (optional)
- * About 10" long, 4 to 5" wide and about 2" thick with just a thin covering of fat on one side.
- Place meat in an accommodating glass or possibly plastic refrigerator container. Mix all other ingredients together in saucepan or possibly bowl & pour over meat.
- Seal tightly with lid or possibly plastic wrap, secured with rubber band.
- Chill meat mix for 7 days. Once a day turn meat over in marinade.
- On 7th day, remove from marinade & soak meat in cool water, covered, from water, draining it well.
- Prepare for sandwiches this way: Place liquid removed, cured, beef roast in an accommodating pot. Add in beer, Italian Dressing & peppercorns and bring to boil. Cover & reduce heat to gentle simmer for 2 1/2 hrs. Remove from beer mix. Add in only 1 c. of beer mix to beef in a shallow, small oblong roasting pan. Seal in plastic wrap & chill several hrs or possibly overnight. Place in oven to bake at 350 degrees F for 1 1/2 hrs, sealing pan in foil. Cold & slice across grain for sandwiches. Slices best when well chilled. Freeze in family portions, sliced, to thaw & serve in 3 months. Chill well-wrapped, to use in 4 or possibly 5 days. Allow 1/2 pound per serving.
- OPTIONAL BRINE: Drain juice from bottled dill pickles (any kind), mixing in equal parts with Dry Vermouth, sufficient to submerge beef instead of mix given above.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 5141g|
|Calories from Fat 2191||46%|
|Total Fat 243.25g||304%|
|Saturated Fat 78.14g||313%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 59.6g||16%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.7g||12%|