Cost per serving $1.18 view details
- 1 c. Bulgur wheat
- 1 tsp Finely chopped garlic
- 1 c. Water
- 1 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 x Granny Smith apple cored and cut into 1/4" dice
- 1/2 c. Golden brown raisins
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh lemon juice
- 2 c. Fresh corn kernels cooked
- 1/2 x Seedless cucumber peeled and cut into 1/4" dice
- 4 x Ripe plum tomatoes cut into 1/4" dice
- 3 x Scallions (with 3" of the green left on) - thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1/2 c. Basil leaves thinly slivered
- Â Â Salt to taste
- Â Â Freshly grnd black pepper to taste
- Bulgur wheat is readily available in most supermarkets and specialty food stores. If you prefer another grain, you can easily substitute cooked rice, barley or possibly couscous. When mixing the salad, use a fork to keep grains from sticking together.
- 1. Combine the bulgur, garlic, water and extra virgin olive oil in a large bowl. Mix together, then set aside for 30 min.
- 2. In another bowl, mix the diced Granny Smith apple and golden brown raisins with lemon juice to prevent the apple from discoloring.
- 3. After 30 min, fluff the bulgur well with a fork. Add in all the remaining ingredients, using a fork to combine and fluff the salad.
- Note: Recipe originally called for 1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 189g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 20||13%|
|Total Fat 2.35g||3%|
|Saturated Fat 0.35g||1%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 33.29g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.8g||19%|