This is a savory pie that was served as a main meal, usually lunch. Really great when fresh corn is available, but good with frozen corn, too.
Prep time: 45 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Cost per serving $1.01 view details
- 1 doz. ears fresh white corn (or 2 packages frozen corn)
- 4 hard boiled eggs
- 1 c. milk (maybe a little more, if needed)
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- Your favorite pie crust (or 1 ready-made double pie crust)
- Put corn into pie shell in a deep dish.
- Cut eggs over the top.
- Pour in milk and top with butter.
- Salt and pepper, to taste.
- Put on top pie crust, and cut vents.
- Bake on a cookie sheet at 375 deg. for about 45 minutes, or until golden brown.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 153g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 173||54%|
|Total Fat 19.48g||24%|
|Saturated Fat 9.4g||38%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 33.68g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.4g||8%|