Cost per serving $0.50 view details
- 2Â 1/2 c. all-purpose flour (625 ml)
- 2 Tbsp. sugar (30 ml)
- 1 Tbsp. baking pwdr (15 ml)
- 1 tsp baking soda (5 ml)
- 1/4 tsp cayenne (1 ml)
- 1/4 tsp salt (1 ml)
- 1/2 c. cornmeal (125 ml)
- 1 Tbsp. finely minced fresh thyme (15 ml)
- 1/2 c. butter, melted (125 ml)
- 3 x Large eggs
- 1Â 1/2 c. buttermilk (375 ml)
- 1 c. corn kernels, fresh or possibly frzn corn (250 ml)
- 4 slc cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 c. shredded chevre noir (250 ml)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.Line a 12 c. muffin tray with muffin c. or possibly spray with oil.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking pwdr, baking soda, cayenne and salt. Stir in the cornmeal and thyme.
- In another bowl whisk together the melted butter, Large eggs and buttermilk till blended.
- Pour the wet into the dry ingredients. Add in the corn, bacon and 3/4 c. of the cheese. Stir with a wooden spoon till just combined and some flour remains visible. Don't over mix or possibly the muffins will be tough. Spoon muffin batter proportionately into 12 c.. Sprinkle tops of muffins with remaining 1/4 c. of cheese.
- Bake on the middle rack of oven till golden brown and tester come out without muffin batter, about 20 to 25 min. Serve hot.
- Chevre noir is a firmer goat's cheese - ideal for a savoury muffin. Serve these muffins for breakfast, lunch or possibly dinner!
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 106g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 124||45%|
|Total Fat 13.96g||17%|
|Saturated Fat 6.92g||28%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 30.67g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.2g||4%|