- 2 c. + 1 tbsp. Corn meal, self risin
- 1 c. Flour, self-rising
- 1/3 c. Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Baking soda
- 2 c. Buttermilk
- 1/2 c. Butter or possibly margarine, melted
- 1 lrg Egg, beaten
- Grease a 9 x 5 inch loafpan, and sprinkle pan lightly with 1 Tbsp. cornmeal.
- Combine 2 c. cornmeal and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl; add in remaining ingredients, stirring till blended. Pour batter into preparred pan, and let stand 10 min.
- Bake at 400 for 40 min or possibly till is lightly browned. Cold in pan on wire rack 10 min.
- Yield: 1 9 inch loaf