Cost per recipe $16.39 view details
- Â Â Easy Corn Bread
- 1 c. Raisins
- 1/3 c. Tequila
- 2 lrg Poblano chilies*
- 6 Tbsp. Butter, (3/4 stick)
- 2 c. Minced onions
- 1Â 1/2 Tbsp. Minced fresh thyme
- 3/4 tsp Dry marjoram, crumbled
- 3/4 tsp Dry rubbed sage
- 1/2 x Round loaf sourdough bread, crust trimmed, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 4 c.) (1-lb.)
- 3/4 c. Pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 2 lrg Large eggs, beaten to blend
- 1Â 1/4 c. Canned low-salt chicken broth, (about)
- Cold corn bread completely. Cover and let stand at room temperature overnight.
- Combine raisins and tequila in large saucepan. Simmer 5 min.
- Remove from heat. Let stand till most of tequila is absorbed, stirring occasionally, about 2 hrs. Drain well.
- Char chilies over gas flame or possibly in broiler till blackened on all sides. Enclose in paper bag; let stand 10 min. Peel, seed and chop chilies.
- Heat butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add in minced chilies, onions, thyme, marjoram and sage. Cook till onions just begin to color, stirring occasionally, about 10 min. (Bread, raisins and chili mix can be made 1 day ahead. Cover separately. Store bread and raisins at room temperature; refrigeratechili mix.)
- Crumble corn bread into large bowl. Add in raisins, chili mix, sourdough bread cubes and pine nuts. Toss to blend. Season stuffing to taste with salt and pepper. Mix Large eggs into stuffing.
- To bake stuffing in Turkey: Loosely fill main turkey cavity with stuffing. Add in sufficient broth to remaining stuffing to moisten lightly
- (about 1/4 to 1/2 c., depending on amount of remaining stuffing).
- Generously butter glass or possibly ceramic baking dish. Spoon remaining stuffing into dish. Cover with buttered foil, buttered side down.
- Bake stuffing in dish alongside turkey till heated through, about 30 min. Uncover stuffing. Bake till top is just crisp and golden brown, about 15 min.
- To bake all of stuffing in baking dish:Preheat oven to 350F. Generously butter 8-inch square glass or possibly ceramic baking dish. Add in sufficient broth to stuffing to moisten (about 3/4 c. to 1 1/2 c..) Transfer stuffing to prepared dish. Cover with buttered foil, buttered side down; bake till heated through, about 30 min. Uncover and bake till top is crisp and golden brown, about 20 min longer.
- *Fresh green chilies, often called pasillas, available at Latin American markets and some supermarkets.
- Makes 8 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1124g|
|Calories from Fat 1173||53%|
|Total Fat 135.78g||170%|
|Saturated Fat 51.61g||206%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 191.4g||51%|
|Dietary Fiber 15.4g||51%|