Cost per recipe $3.15 view details
- 4 x Ears corn, unhusked
- 2 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 med Zucchini, cut into 1/3-inch dice
- 1 c. Finely minced red onion
- 1 c. Coarsely grated Monterey Jack cheese with warm peppers
- 2 Tbsp. Finely crushed corn tortilla chips
- Pull a lengthwise strip of corn husk (about 1 to 1 1/2 inches wide)
- from each ear to expose a strip of kernels and throw away husk strip.
- Carefully peel back remaining husks, keeping them attached to stem ends, and snap ears from stem ends. Throw away silk from husks. Tear a thin strip from a tender, inner piece of each husk and use it to tie loose end of each husk together, forming a boat. Cut corn kernels from ears and throw away cobs.
- In a large heavy skillet heat oil over moderately high heat till warm but not smoking and saute/fry zucchini, stirring occasionally, till browned lightly and just tender, 2 to 3 min. Transfer zucchini with slotted spoon to a bowl and season with salt.
- In oil remaining in skillet saute/fry corn kernels and onion with salt to taste over moderately high heat, stirring, 4 min and cook, covered, over low heat till corn is crisp-tender, 2 to 3 min.
- Add in corn mix to zucchini and season with salt.
- Cold filling and stir in cheese. Spoon filling into husk boats. (Corn boats may be prepared up to this point 1 day ahead and kept chilled, covered.)
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Arrange boats on a baking sheet and sprinkle filling with tortilla crumbs. Bake boats in upper third of oven till cheese is melted and filling is heated through, 15 to 20 min.
- Serve corn boats hot or possibly at room temperature.
- Serves 4.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 629g|
|Calories from Fat 624||62%|
|Total Fat 70.13g||88%|
|Saturated Fat 26.53g||106%|
|Trans Fat 0.02g|
|Total Carbs 64.49g||17%|
|Dietary Fiber 9.6g||32%|