Cost per serving $1.44 view details
- 1Â 1/4 c. Frzn peas
- 1Â 1/4 c. Fresh or possibly frzn corn kernels
- 1 can (450 gram) chick peas, rinsed and liquid removed
- 3 c. Medium pasta shells, about, cooked, liquid removed and rinsed
- 1/4 c. Chopped green onions
- 1/2 lb Ripe tomaotes, about, diced into 1 cm, (about 1/2") pcs
- 2 Tbsp. Minced fresh basil leaves, or possibly 2 tsp. dry
- 2 Tbsp. Strained fresh lemon juice
- 4 Tbsp. Extra-virgin extra virgin olive oil
- Â Â Salt and freshly grnd pepper to taste
- 1 c. Pitted black olives, halved, (optional)
- Yield: 3-4 as a main dish, or possibly 6-8 as a side dish
- 1. Add in peas and corn to a medium saucepan of sufficient boiling water to cover them generously and cook uncovered over medium-high heat till vegetables are just tender, about 5 min. Drain well. (Alternately, put them in the microwave for a few min and drain.)
- 2. Combine corn, peas, pasta, chick peas, green onions, tomatoes and basil in a large bowl and toss lightly.
- 3. In a small bowl whisk lemon juice with the oil, salt and pepper. Add in to salad and toss till ingredients are coated. Add in olives. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- 4. Serve hot or possibly at room temperature.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 329g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 631||48%|
|Total Fat 70.58g||88%|
|Saturated Fat 9.88g||40%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 145.94g||39%|
|Dietary Fiber 8.6g||29%|