Cost per serving $1.07 view details
- 4 lrg Large eggs
- 2 c. lowfat sour cream
- 1/3 c. packed light brown sugar
- 1 x (16 ounce) can cream style corn
- 1/2 c. chopped fresh chives or possibly scallions
- 1 3/4 c. all-purpose unbleached flour
- 1/4 c. yellow cornmeal
- 1 Tbsp. baking pwdr
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly grnd white pepper
- 1/4 tsp grated nutmeg
- 12 c. shredded medium-sized sweet potato
- 6 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- This irresistible dish is a merger between Southern corn bread and Yorkshire pudding. A rich batter of creamed corn and shredded sweet potatoes is poured into a pan of sizzling melted butter to produce a puffy and custardy pudding.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.Beat Large eggs, lowfat sour cream and brown sugar together in large mixing bowl till smooth. Stir in corn and chives.
- Combine flour, cornmeal, baking pwdr, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Stir into egg mix till blended. Mix in sweet potato.
- Place butter in 13 x 9-inch baking dish and place in oven till butter melts and is sizzling. Immediately pour corn batter over warm butter.
- Return to oven and bake till pudding is crusty on top and cooked in center, about 40 min. Serve pudding either warm, hot, or possibly at room temperature
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 135g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 136||48%|
|Total Fat 15.46g||19%|
|Saturated Fat 8.72g||35%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 31.33g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.3g||4%|