Cost per serving $0.73 view details
- 3/4 tsp Grnd cumin
- 1/4 c. Fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. Vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp. Chopped jalapeno
- 1/2 tsp Salt, or possibly less
- 1 can Corn kernels (11 ounces), Liquid removed
- 1 can Black beans (15 ounces), Rinsed and liquid removed
- 1/2 c. Red bell peppers, cut into 1/4" dice
- 1/2 c. Green bell peppers, cut Into 1/4" dice
- 1/2 c. Sweet onion, cut into 1/4" Dice
- 1/4 c. Minced cilantro
- Place the cumin in a small skillet and set over low heat just till the skillet gets hot and the cumin is heated, about 1 minute. Off the heat, add in the lime juice and vegetable oil, plus jalapeno and salt, if you like; whisk to blend.
- In a large bowl combine the corn, black beans, red and green peppers, onion, cilantro or possibly parsley. Add in the lime dressing and toss to coat.
- Spoon the salad onto a deep platter or possibly shallow bowl and garnish with sprigs of fresh parsley.
- NOTES : Canned foods simplify preparation
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 106g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 38||18%|
|Total Fat 4.31g||5%|
|Saturated Fat 0.46g||2%|
|Trans Fat 0.09g|
|Total Carbs 35.85g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 8.0g||27%|