Naturally sweet and brightened with warm spices and citrus, this soup really hits the mark.
Servings: 4 Servings
Cost per serving $2.09 view details
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1/2 c. shallot - fine chop
- 2 cloves garlic - fine chop
- 2 t. coriander seeds - crushed
- 1 t. ground turmeric
- 1/4 t. ground cayenne
- 1 t. orange zest (I had Clementines on hand)
- 1 1/2 lbs carrots - cleaned and thin sliced
- 1 1/2 c. sweet potato- peeled and cubed (1 large potato)
- 1 c. dry white wine
- 2 c. low sodium chicken stock
- 3 T orange juice (from citrus previously used for zest)
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1/4 t. pepper
- 2 T. fresh cilantro - minced
- 1 T. heavy cream
- In heavy pot, heat oil to medium.
- Saute shallot for 2 minutes until translucent.
- Add garlic and saute 1-2 minutes without burning. (If you burn, start over, it'll ruin the taste of this soup)
- Add coriander, turmeric, cayenne and orange zest. Stir well to coat onions. Saute for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add carrots and saute 3-4 minutes.
- Deglaze pan with wine. Allow mixture to boil for 3 minutes.
- Pour in chicken stock. Reduce heat to simmer.
- Cover and let simmer 20 minutes.
- Add sweet potato and orange juice, replace cover and allow to simmer another 20 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Use an immersion blender to liquify the soup.
- Add chopped cilantro.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Serve and garnish with drizzle of heavy cream or tsp of sour cream/ yoghurt.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 394g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 34||17%|
|Total Fat 3.85g||5%|
|Saturated Fat 0.78g||3%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 29.67g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 6.0g||20%|