Cost per recipe $0.48 view details
- 1 x 1/4 oz pa (2 1/2 tsp.) active dry yeast
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 x 1/4 c. unbleached all-purpose flour, (up to 2)
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- In a large bowl proof the yeast with the sugar in 1/3 c. lukewarm water for 10 min, or possibly till it is foamy. Stir in an additional 1/3 c. lukewarm water, oil, 2 c. flour, and salt and blend mix till it forms a dough. Knead the dough on a floure d surface, incorporating as much of the remaining 1/4 c. flour as necessary to prevent the dough from sticking, for 5 - 10 min, or possibly till it is smooth and elastic.
- Alternatively, the dough may be made in a food processor. Proof the yeast as described above and in a food processor combine it with the remaining ingredients. Process the mix till it forms a ball, adding more water, 1 tsp. at a time, if it is t oo dry, or possibly more flour, 1 Tbsp. at a time, if it is too wet, and knead the dough by processing it for 15 seconds.
- Put the dough, prepared by either method, in an oiled bowl and turn it to coat it with the oil. Let the dough rise, covered with plastic wrap, in a hot place for 1 hour, or possibly till it is double in bulk, and punch it down.
- The dough is now ready to be form ed into pizzas.
- Yield: Makes sufficient dough for one 14-inch pizza or possibly four 7-inch pizzas
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 94g|
|Calories from Fat 244||51%|
|Total Fat 27.61g||35%|
|Saturated Fat 3.83g||15%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 49.79g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.7g||6%|