I decided to make a warm and hearty type of stew with what I had in my fridge. This is fantastic comfort style stew simply delicious! Hope you enjoy!
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 120 minutes
Cost per serving $3.18 view details
- 5 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 pounds beef stew meat (in 1 inch chunks)
- 2 Tbsp butter or margarine
- 2-3 Tbsp vegetable oil
- Freshly ground pepper (to taste)
- 4 cups beef stock or broth
- 2 cloves garlic, halved
- 3 cups baby carrots
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 3 Tbsp tomato paste
- 4 medium new potatoes, unpeeled, quartered
- 2 cups of Jasmine rice
- Mix flour, slat, and pepper on waxed paper. Roll the stew meat in the mixture to coat. Use all the mixture.
- In a large pot over medium heat, melt the butter and 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Add the meat in batches and brown on all sides, about 5 minutes per batch. Remove to a plate.
- Add onion and saute until tender. Add more oil if needed. Add stock, tomato paste, and garlic, and scrape up the browned meat from the bottom of the pot.
- Return meat to the pot, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, covered, 1 hour and 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add potatoes and carrots and bring to a boil. Reduce head to medium-low and simmer, covered, 30 minutes.
- Adjust seasoning as needed and serve.
- Cook jasmine rice and serve with juice on top of that!
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 719g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 189||28%|
|Total Fat 21.2g||27%|
|Saturated Fat 7.75g||31%|
|Trans Fat 0.15g|
|Total Carbs 103.47g||28%|
|Dietary Fiber 9.6g||32%|