This salad is a great way to enjoy vegetables and is a terrific dish to bring along to potlucks! This recipes needs to be planned ahead of time because it needs to chill so that the flavors may "blend". The marinade proves to be a miracle of it's own!!
- 1 (15 oz) can Dark Kidney Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 oz) can Cut Green Beans, drained
- 1 (15 oz) can Wax Beans, drained
- 1 (15 oz) can Whole Kernel Corn, drained
- 1 (8 oz) can Shoepeg White Corn, drained
- 1 (4 oz) can Mushroom pieces, chopped and drained
- 2 Celery Ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 medium Green Bell Pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup Red or Yellow Bell Pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup Black Olives, sliced and drained
- 1/2 cup Red Onion, chopped
- 3 Green Onions, sliced
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 2 Tbsps. Olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. ground mustard
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. Celery Seed
- 1/4 tsp. Dill Weed
- In a very large bowl, combine the first 12 ingredients.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the sugar, vinegar, oil, ground mustard, salt, celery salt, and dill weed.
- Close the jar with the lid and shake vigorously until the sugar is dissolved. Pour over the vegetable medley and toss gently.
- Cover and refridgerate for 4 hours or overnight. Serve with a slotted spoon.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 244g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 130||38%|
|Total Fat 14.49g||18%|
|Saturated Fat 2.03g||8%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 46.05g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 8.8g||29%|