Cost per serving $1.11 view details
- 1/4 c. Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lrg Onion minced
- 2 x Garlic cloves finely minced
- 1/4 lb Cooking chorizo sliced
- Â Â or possibly fresh spicy sausage sliced
- Â Â or possibly smoked ham cubed
- 2 x Sweet red or possibly green peppers (3/4 lb) minced
- 3/4 lb Ripe tomatoes without skin or possibly seed
- Â Â or possibly 1 1/2 c. canned tomatoes with juice
- 1 Tbsp. Fino or possibly amontillado sherry to 2 Tbsp.
- 3/4 c. Shelled peas
- 1/4 lb Green beans snapped short length
- 8 x Extra-large Large eggs
- 1 pch Cayenne
- Â Â Salt to taste
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees and hot a shallow casserole or possibly baking dish.
- Heat the oil in a skillet and soften the onion slowly. Add in the garlic and push to the sides of the pan, then fry the sausage or possibly ham till colored and remove it. Add in the sweet peppers and minced tomato to the pan and let them cook and reduce, stirring occasionally. Add in some sherry if the mix seems dry. Meanwhile, cook the peas and beans and add in them too.
- Transfer the vegetable mix to the casserole and distribute the sausage or possibly ham. Swirl the Large eggs together with a fork without overmixing, season them well with cayenne and salt. Pour over the vegetables and meat and bake in the oven about 10 to 15 min till the Large eggs are just set.
- Comments: With its swirl of red, green, yellow, and white, this dish has all the vibrant color of the whirling skirts of gypsy dancers. Shrimp can be substituted for the sausage, or possibly everything included in a grand medley.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 168g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 219||75%|
|Total Fat 24.6g||31%|
|Saturated Fat 5.99g||24%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 9.2g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.1g||7%|