I could eat the whole thing by myself. Before it even has a chance to marinate in the fridge. But if you do let it marinate for any length of time, you will have to drain it in a seive before serving and maybe spice it up a bit again just before serving. Unless you like your coleslaw really really soupy.
- I bag coleslaw mix
- 1 onion small dice
- couple sprigs fresh dill chopped up
- 2/3 cup salad dressing like miracle whip, (no mayo)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp veg oil, grape seed oil, etc
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- celery salt
- powder soup base like liptons cup of soup or whatever you have
- in a large bowl empty coleslaw mix, add the onion and dill. Mix it up
- Mix the remaining ingredients in a seperate bowl and pour over coleslaw mixture.
- using tongs, mix up everything so everything is encorporated especially the sugar.
- cover and put in the fridge. Don't taste it, cause you may have to make more.
- If left in the fridge for more than 10-15 minutes, it will probably need to be drained in a sieve and spiced up before serving. Very watery
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 383g|
|Calories from Fat 619||50%|
|Total Fat 70.02g||88%|
|Saturated Fat 5.95g||24%|
|Trans Fat 0.98g|
|Total Carbs 159.42g||43%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.3g||8%|