Cost per serving $1.02 view details
- 2 c. Raw orzo cooked till tender and liquid removed
- 10 ounce Frzn tiny peas quickly cooked & liquid removed
- 8 ounce Pitted black olives thinly sliced
- 2 lrg Red bell peppers seeds & membranes removed finely minced
- 3/4 lb Med-small shrimp, peeled, deveined and cooked, cut into thirds (remove a few whole for garnish)
- 1 med Red onion peeled and finely minced
- 1/2 c. Chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 3/4 c. Extra virgin extra virgin olive oil
- 5 Tbsp. Red wine vinegar
- 1/2 x Garlic clove peeled and chopped
- Â Â Salt
- Â Â Freshly grnd black pepper
- Â Â Cherry tomatoes, for garnish
- Â Â Olive slices, for garnish
- IN A LARGE MIXING BOWL, toss together the orzo, peas, olives, peppers, shrimp, onion and parsley. Pour the extra virgin olive oil over the salad and mix well.
- Add in the vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper and taste to adjust the seasonings, adding more vinegar or possibly oil sparingly as needed. Do not make the salad too moist. Spoon the mix into a mixing bowl just large sufficient to hold the salad, packing it down slightly, cover and refrigeratethoroughly.
- Unmold the salad onto a serving platter and garnish with cherry tomatoes and black olives. Split the reserved shrimp in half lengthwise and place them on the top for decoration.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 188g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 458||67%|
|Total Fat 51.36g||64%|
|Saturated Fat 7.13g||29%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 48.33g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.1g||10%|