Cost per serving $14.32 view details
- 2 x vanilla beans split in half,
- Â Â and pulp removed
- 1Â 1/4 c. vegetable oil
- 1 x egg
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. finely-minced tarragon leaves
- 1 x lemon juiced
- 1 lb cooked fresh lobster meat diced 1/2" thick
- 1/2 lb Idaho potatoes peeled, diced 1/2",
- Â Â cooked till tender, and cooled
- 1/4 c. small-diced red onion
- 1/4 c. small-diced celery
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 lb fresh maiche cleaned
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh parsley leaves
- 12 x French bread rounds - (2" by 1/4" thick) toasted
- In a saucepan, over medium heat, combine the vanilla bean, pulp and oil. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 min. Remove from the heat, cold completely and strain.
- In a food processor, fitted with a metal blade, combine the egg, mustard, tarragon and lemon. Process till smooth. Season with salt and pepper. With the machine running, add in 1 c. of the vanilla oil slowly, in a steady stream. Process till the mix is thick and creamy. Remove and chill for at least 1 hour. Can be made the day ahead of time.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the lobster, potatoes, onions, celery and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Toss well. Mix in the vanilla bean emulsion. Mix well. In another mixing bowl, toss the maiche with the remaining vanilla oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, place the greens in the center of each serving plate. Mound the lobster salad in the cneter of each plate of greens. Garnish with parsley. Serve the croutons with the salad.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 433g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 655||50%|
|Total Fat 73.98g||92%|
|Saturated Fat 6.6g||26%|
|Trans Fat 1.76g|
|Total Carbs 117.16g||31%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.7g||19%|