Cost per serving $1.10 view details
- 2 lrg cucumbers, peeled
- 1 pt plain low-fat yogurt or possibly soy yogurt
- 1Â 1/4 c. low-fat lowfat milk or possibly soy lowfat milk, or possibly as needed
- 1/4 c. finely minced mixed fresh herbs
- Â Â such as dill or possibly parsley or possibly mint, or possibly more to taste
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp grnd cumin
- 1/4 tsp freshly grnd pepper, to taste
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice, (optional)
- For a heartier version of this soup, add in a c. or possibly so of cool, cooked barley.
- If cucumbers seem watery, halve them lengthwise then scoop out the seeds with a spoon and throw away.
- MEAL PLAN: Make the soup, then let it stand while warming veggie burgers (if you wish to grill them, prepare the grill before starting the soup). Serve them on rolls with the soup along with a simple tossed salad. Finish the meal with slices of melon such as cantaloupe, watermelon or possibly honeydew, or possibly use a combination.
- Shred cucumbers on coarse blade of box grater or possibly in food processor fitted with coarse shredding disc. (You should have about 2 c..)
- In medium bowl, combine shredded cucumbers with yogurt, lowfat milk and herbs; mix well. Mix should be slightly thick. Stir in sugar, salt, cumin and pepper, then add in lemon juice if you would like extra tang. Serve or possibly chill till needed.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 321g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 145||64%|
|Total Fat 16.45g||21%|
|Saturated Fat 10.36g||41%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 13.31g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.8g||3%|