Cost per serving $1.13 view details
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt, plus a generous pinch for the garlic
- 3 cups cola
- 1 1/2 cups ketchup
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 TBSPS Worcestershire sauce
- 1 slightly heaping TBSP chili powder
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper, plus additional for seasoning
- 1/2 tsp hot sauce, plus additional for seasoning
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- 1 1/2 TBSPS freshly squeezed lime juice
- Smash the garlic cloves, sprinkle with a generous pinch of salt, and, with the flat side of a large knife, mash and smear mixture to a coarse paste.
- Stir garlic paste, the 1/4 teaspoon salt, cola, ketchup, vinegar, Worcestershire, chili powder, 1 teaspoon black pepper, 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce, and allspice together in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until thickened, about 45 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly, stir in the lime juice, and season with black pepper and hot sauce, to taste.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 586g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 9||3%|
|Total Fat 1.08g||1%|
|Saturated Fat 0.28g||1%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 67.94g||18%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.4g||5%|