Cost per recipe $2.06 view details
- 12 egg whites, cold
- 3 tablespoons espresso, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground espresso beans
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 325Â°F. Line cupcake pans with liners.
- Combine the egg whites, espresso, lemon juice, cream of tartar, vanilla, and almond extract. With an electric mixer on high speed beat until mixture is foamy with tiny bubbles, 2-3 minutes. Add 3/4 cup sugar gradually until the foam is creamy white. Do not over beat.
- In a separate bowl combine 3/4 cup sugar, flour, espresso beans, and salt.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the egg mixture. Gently mix with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon until completely integrated.
- Fill the cupcake liners three-quarters full. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean. Cool cupcakes in the pan.
- Hazelnut coffee cupcake: Substitute hazelnut flavored coffee for espresso and ground coffee for ground espresso. Fold in 1 cup chopped hazelnuts after wet and dry ingredients are fully integrated. Java chip cupcakes: Fold in 1 cup chopped dark chocolate after wet and dry ingredients are fully integrated.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 497g|
|Calories from Fat 11||1%|
|Total Fat 1.31g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 0.24g||1%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 399.29g||106%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.4g||11%|