Cost per recipe $4.03 view details
- 2 cakes or possibly env. yeast
- 1/2 c. lukewarm water
- 4 T sugar
- Put to soak. Scald 1 pint lowfat milk; cool to lukewarm; add in above ingredients plus 3 1/2 cups of flour. Stir well and cover. Let rise till full of bubbles (about 45 min).Add in: 2 teaspoon salt 2 slightly beaten large eggs 1/2 c. veg. oil Add in more flour (3 1/2 c.) Mix well after each addition
- Knead till smooth and put into greased bowl and let rise till doubled in size (about 1 1/2 hrs). Put in pans. Makes 3 medium coffee cakes. Let rise again and spread with melted butter (1 stick).
- Sprinkle with mix of: 2 T brown sugar 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Bake in a moderate, preheated oven (350 degrees) for 35 min.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 191g|
|Calories from Fat 58||19%|
|Total Fat 6.57g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 0.99g||4%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 61.04g||16%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.6g||2%|