Cost per recipe $5.84 view details
- 1/2 lb Extra-hard tofu
- 2 x Cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Vegetable oil
- 1 can Coconut lowfat milk (I try to get
- Â Â Frzn, or possibly make fresh if I Am ambitious)
- 1Â 1/2 c. Vegetable stock (or possibly water)
- 1 Tbsp. Light soy sauce
- Â Â Keffir Lime leaves - to
- Â Â Taste, this is a tough one
- Â Â Since it can come packaged
- Â Â In a number of ways. I
- Â Â Typically get dry in that
- Â Â Case I let 2 to 3 Tablespoons soak in
- Â Â Water before using*.
- 1 ounce Galanga (Kah) - Galanga is
- Â Â Thai ginger
- 1 x To 3 Thai or possibly Serrano Chiles
- Â Â To taste (I like 4!)
- *Very marginal substitutes (although still good!) are to try 1/4 c. coarsly minced lemon grass, or possibly the juice from 1 lime. This has to be experimented with, it is used to reduce the sweetness of the coconut lowfat milk. You don't want this flavor to dominate, though. Add in a little at a time, and taste to get it right.
- Drain the tofu of extra water by placing a heavy weight over the tofu surrounded by 3 layers of paper towels. Cut tofu into bite size pcs.
- Stir fry the garlic in the oil till golden brown (don't burn), then stir fry the tofu till it is an even golden. In a medium size sauce pan mix the coconut lowfat milk, stock (or possibly water) and soy sauce. Add in the tofu, Keffir Lime leaves (or possibly substitute), and Galanga. Cook over low to medium heat for 15 min, don't allow to boil! At this point, taste the soup. If the coconut taste is too strong add in a little more of the Keffir Lime leaves (or possibly substitute). The idea is to reduce the sweetness of the coconut lowfat milk. With the flat of a heavy knife (or possibly something similar) lb. the chilies till they are split in several places. Add in to the soup, and let cook a couple min more.
- Serve over steamed rice (preferably, Jasmine Rice).
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 831g|
|Calories from Fat 1375||63%|
|Total Fat 162.72g||203%|
|Saturated Fat 122.16g||489%|
|Trans Fat 0.7g|
|Total Carbs 183.42g||49%|
|Dietary Fiber 19.5g||65%|