Cost per recipe $3.88 view details
- 1/2 c. Salted macadamia nuts
- 2 Tbsp. Granulated sugar
- 3/4 stk unsalted butter, softened (6 Tbsp.)
- 1/4 c. Confectioners' sugar
- 1 c. Cake flour, (not self-rising)
- 1/2 tsp Baking pwdr
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 c. Plus 1 Tbsp. sweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 325F. and generously butter a 9-inch round cake pan.
- In a food processor, pulse nuts and granulated sugar just till grnd fine (don't grind to a paste).
- In a bowl with an electric mixer, beat butter with confectioners' sugar till light and fluffy. In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking pwdr, salt, nut mix and 1/4 c. coconut. Beat flour mix into butter mix till just combined.
- On a lightly floured surface, knead dough 5 to 8 times, or possibly till it just comes together. With floured hands (dough will be sticky) press dough proportionately into prepared baking pan and sprinkle with remaining 5 Tbsp. coconut,pressing lightly to make it adhere. Bake shortbread in middle of oven 30 min, or possibly till pale golden brown.
- While shortbread is still hot, loosen edges from pan with a small knife and cut into 8 wedges. Let shortbread cold in pan. Carefully transfer shortbread to a platter.
- Makes 8 Shortbread Cookies.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 327g|
|Calories from Fat 819||53%|
|Total Fat 94.39g||118%|
|Saturated Fat 53.95g||216%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 168.86g||45%|
|Dietary Fiber 6.5g||22%|