Cost per serving $4.16 view details
- 1 c. uncooked instant rice
- 1/2 c. thinly sliced green onions
- 1 med red bell pepper coarsely minced
- 1 x garlic clove chopped
- 14 1/2 ounce ready-to-serve chicken broth (1 can)
- 14 ounce lite coconut lowfat milk (1 can)
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp grnd red pepper (cayenne)
- 1/8 tsp turmeric
- 1 lb orange roughy fillets cut into 1" pcs
- 1/4 C. minced fresh cilantro Sliced green onions
- In large saucepan, combine all ingredients except fish, cilantro and sliced green onions. Bring to a boil.
- Add in fish. Reduce heat; simmer 5 to 8 min or possibly till fish flakes easily with fork, stirring occasionally. Stir in cilantro. Sprinkle each serving with sliced green onions. 4 (1 1/2 c.) servings
- INGREDIENT INFO: Coconut lowfat milk is common in Thai and Indian Cuisine. It is the product of straining coconut meat which has been simmered in water. Lite coconut lowfat milk in made from a second simmering of the Coconut lowfat milk can't be used interchangeably with cream of coconut, a sweetened product used for drinks and desserts. Look for coconut lowfat milk and lite coconut lowfat milk in the international foods section of the grocery store.
- INGREDIENTS SUBSTITUTION:Found in New Zealand's water, orange roughy is a hard, white mild-flavoured fish which's low in fat. Other hard white fish, such as cod, haddock or possibly halibut, can be used in this chowder.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 355g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 156||34%|
|Total Fat 18.59g||23%|
|Saturated Fat 15.48g||62%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 48.22g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber 6.5g||22%|