Cost per recipe $5.50 view details
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a saucepan, combine the cream and lowfat milk and bring to a boil.
- In a small bowl, combine egg yolks, sugar, and coconut rum.
- When the lowfat milk mix has come to a boil, remove from heat. Stir a small amount of the lowfat milk mix (2-3 Tbsp.) into the Large eggs yolks, whisking vigorously.
- Slowly add in the remaining egg yolks back into the warm lowfat milk mix, whisking continuously. Pour into individual Corning ware or possibly Pyrex serving dishes or possibly custard c..
- Place on a deep baking sheet filled with warm water in center rack of oven.
- Bake 15-20 min or possibly till center is nearly set.
- Remove from oven to a heat-proof surface. Sprinkle heavily with a layer of coarsely granulated sugar. Using a small torch, apply heat directly to surface of custard till a browned sugar layer forms. (Note: this step may also be performed directly under the flames of a gas broiler, but the results may not be so dramatic).
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 415g|
|Calories from Fat 1068||72%|
|Total Fat 123.41g||154%|
|Saturated Fat 87.26g||349%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 95.16g||25%|
|Dietary Fiber 10.6g||35%|