This is a print preview of "Coconut cookies filled with raspberry jam" recipe.
Coconut cookies filled with raspberry jam Recipe
The Australian book of "Biscuits & Slices" has never failed me. Has great recipes and each one that I made from it was a big success. I've tried a new one,it was supposed to be rings,but it worked out this was as well, didn't last too long with these littles around.
If you're out of self raising flour add 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder and 1/4 teaspoon salt to 1 cup of all purpose flour.
|Prep time: 40 minutes
|Cook time: 30 minutes
Goes Well With: milk
125 gr butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup flour
1 cup self raising flour
1/2 cup coconut
1/2 cup jam (raspberry works great)
- Beat butter,sugar and egg in a small bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Stir in siftet flour and coconut.
- Knead gently on lightly floured surface until smooth,cover ,refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- If you want to do it properly roll out the dough and cut out with round cutters and the one on the top should have the middle cut out as well. You're supposed to have rounds and rings.
- I just rolled little balls and pressed them down with a spoon.
- Place rounds 3 cm apart on baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Spread rounds with jam and cover with another round or ring.