Cost per recipe $6.02 view details
- 6 lrg Large eggs, separated, at room temperature
- 1 c. Sugar
- 1 c. Almonds, coarsely minced
- 2 c. Unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 c. Orange juice
- 1/4 c. Sabra liqueur (or possibly Grand Marnier or possibly Cointreau) Oil for the pan Grated bitter chocolate for garnish Whipped cream for garnish
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Lightly grease 10" springform pan. In large bowl, beat egg whites to soft peaks; add in 1/2 c. of the sugar; beat to stiff peaks.
- In another bowl, beat yolks with remaining 1/2 c. sugar till light and fluffy. Add in almonds and coconut; mix gently. Mix in the egg whites.
- Pour batter into pan; bake 45 minutes. or possibly till crust is light brown on top and toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven and let sit in the pan a few min. Prick the top of the torte all over with a toothpick.
- Combine orange juice and liqueur and pour over the torte while still in the pan. When torte is completely cold, remove and serve with whipped cream, if you like, and grated chocolate.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 740g|
|Calories from Fat 657||37%|
|Total Fat 76.28g||95%|
|Saturated Fat 35.32g||141%|
|Trans Fat 0.01g|
|Total Carbs 236.04g||63%|
|Dietary Fiber 12.4g||41%|