Cost per recipe $6.15 view details
- 1 c. grnd bell pepper including juice
- 2 Tbsp. coarsely-minced jalapeno peppers grnd
- 3/4 c. cider vinegar, 5% acidity
- 1/2 c. water
- 1 pch salt
- 2 c. pepper liquid from above
- 2 Tbsp. strained lemon juice
- 1 box powdered pectin
- 2Â 1/2 c. sugar
- 2 dsh green food color - (to 3)
- Wash and remove seeds from fresh peppers, or possibly use frzn ones. Grind or possibly process with steel blade in food processor. Add in vinegar, water, and salt and boil about 5 min. Cold and strain, pressing out all the juice. Measure liquid, adding water to make 2 c. total.
- In a medium saucepan (about 4-qt size) add in pepper juice, lemon juice, powdered pectin, and food color. Mix well. Bring quickly to a hard boil, stirring occasionally. At once add in sugar, stirring well. Bring quickly to a full rolling boil (which foams near the top and can't be stirred down). Boil one minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, skim off foam with a metal spoon.
- Pour at once into sterilized half-pint canning jars, leaving 1/8-inch headspace. Wipe sealing edge clean with a damp cloth. Seal and process 5 min in boiling water. Remove jars; cold and store.
- This recipe yields 2 to 3 half-pint jars.
- Yield: 2 to 3 half-pints
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1033g|
|Calories from Fat 56||2%|
|Total Fat 6.68g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 2.01g||8%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 636.93g||170%|
|Dietary Fiber 54.4g||181%|