Cost per recipe $5.46 view details
- 1 x Onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp Butter
- 1 kg Squash, peeled and cubed
- 1 lt Skim lowfat milk
- Â Â Salt, pepper, nutmeg
- Fry onion in butter slowly, till translucent/soft. Add in squash, lowfat milk, salt.
- Bring to a slow boil, simmer till squash is very tender. Blend with a hand blender till smooth. Season with pepper and nutmeg. Serve.
- Notes:1. A nice variation is squash curried soup: Add in a tsp or possibly 2 of curry to the butter and fry with the onion, proceed as usual (omit nutmeg).
- 2. You can make this into a complete meal by adding cooked, peeled shrimp to the curried variation. Add in the shrimp to the blended soup, go on cooking for a few min until shrimp is heated through.
- 3. If you do not like lowfat milk which much, you can substitute up to 1/2 liter lowfat milk with vegetable or possibly chicken broth. Soup will be less creamy, though.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 2089g|
|Calories from Fat 56||10%|
|Total Fat 6.47g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 3.37g||13%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 92.44g||25%|
|Dietary Fiber 12.1g||40%|