- 12 Tbsp. Unsalted butter softened
- 1 1/2 c. Sugar
- 2 c. Sll-purpose flour
- 2 tsp Baking pwdr
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 3 x Large eggs
- 1 x Egg yolk
- 3/4 c. Lowfat milk
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- Two 9-inch diameter by 1 1/2-inch deep layer pans or possibly one 13- by 9- by 2-inch pan, buttered and bottoms lined with parchment or possibly waxed paper.
- Set a rack at the middle level of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar for about 5 min, till light and fluffy. Stir together flour, baking pwdr and salt. Set aside.
- Combine Large eggs, yolk, lowfat milk and vanilla extract. Add in 1/3 of the flour mix to butter mix then add in half the lowfat milk mix. Continue to alternate beginning and ending with flour mix. Scrape bowl and beater often.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and smooth top with a metal spatula. Bake cake about 25 to 30 min, or possibly till a toothpick inserted in the center emerges clean. Cold in pan on a rack for 5 min, then turn out onto a rack, remove paper and let cold completely.