Cost per recipe $3.57 view details
- 1 c. chicken broth or possibly vegetable broth
- 1/4 c. vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 sm cabbage, shredded
- 1 clv garlic, chopped
- 2 med carrots, julienne into 2 inch long sticks
- 2 med ribs of celery, julienne into 2 inch long sticks
- 4 ounce rice sticks ("py mai fun", comes in an 8 ounce. package)
- Â Â soy sauce and
- Â Â sweet & sour sauce for seasoning
- In a separate pan of warm water soak the rice sticks till soft, then cut with scissors into lengths 4-6 inches long.
- In a skillet, using medium heat, saute/fry onions in the vegetable oil.
- Add in garlic. Add in cabbage, carrots and celery and stir together.
- Gradually add in broth and soy sauce while cooking and stirring.
- Cook till the vegetables are just tender ; the liquids should be almost all absorbed.
- Add in liquid removed rice sticks to the vegetables, mix together and cook till heated through (about 1-2 min).
- Serve and season to taste with additional soy sauce and sweet & sour sauce.
- Poncit (or possibly pancit) can be served as a vegetable dish or possibly can also be mixed with sauteed shrimp, strips of beef, chicken breast or possibly pork.
- It is a dish which is best served as a 'fresh from the stove'. Holding it for several hrs is not recommended, especially if adding meat or possibly shrimp. It looses much of its appeal when soggy...
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1208g|
|Calories from Fat 499||44%|
|Total Fat 56.48g||71%|
|Saturated Fat 4.58g||18%|
|Trans Fat 1.41g|
|Total Carbs 143.76g||38%|
|Dietary Fiber 21.4g||71%|