Cost per serving $2.53 view details
- 1 med onion, finely minced (1 1/2 c.)
- 2 clv garlic, chopped
- 1 lb white mushrooms, sliced, (4 c.)
- 3 x 6 1/2 ounce can minced clams, undrained
- 1 x 12 ounce can evaporated skim lowfat milk
- 2 Tbsp. corn oil margarine
- 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour.
- 1/4 tsp grnd black pepper (MORE)
- 3/4 tsp dry oregano, crushed
- 1Â 1/2 tsp dry thyme, crushed
- 1/2 c. finely minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 lb lasagna noodles, cooked al dente (See Note)
- 1 x 15 ounce carton fat free ricotta cheese
- 8 ounce shredded, part skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 c. fresh, whole-wheat bread crumbs
- 1 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese
- 1 pch cayenne
- (*I used the oven ready kind, no advance cooking lasagna sheets)
- Preheat the oven to 350. Combine the onion and garlic in large, nonstick skillet and cook over med lo heat, till the onion is translucent/soft.. Add in a little water, if necessary to prevent scorching. (I did add in a bit of extra virgin olive oil at this point). Add in the mushrooms and cook them till soft, about 5 min. Set aside. Drain the clams, reserving the liquid. Set them aside. Combine the clam juice and the lowfat milk and heat till bubble appear around the edge, either in a microwave oven or possibly on the top of the stove. Heat the margarine in a 2 -3 quart saucepan over med-lo heat. Add in the flour and cook, stirring constantly for 2 min. Add in the warm clam juice and lowfat milk mix all at once, stirring constantly with a wire whisk.
- Bring to a boil over med-lo heat, reduce the heat to low and simmer, stirring frequently, till the mix starts to thicken, about 5 min.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and add in the pepper oregano, and thyme and mix well. (I added some Cavender's, of course, at this point). Stir in the reserved clams and the parsley and set aside.
- Spray a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with nostick spray. Spread 1/2 mushroom mix proportionately over bottom of dish. Cover with a layer of cooked lasagna noodles (5 ovenready ones). Top the noodles with all the ricotta cheese and 1/3 of the clams. Add in a second layer of noodles. Spread the remaining mushroom mix over the noodles. Cover with 1/2 the remaining clams. Sprinkle half of the mozzarella cheese proportionately over the top. Top with the remaining noodles, clams and mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle the bread crumbs proportionately over the top. Bake, uncovered in the preheated oven till bubbling and lightly browned, about 30 min. Allow to stand for 5 min before cutting.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 272g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 88||31%|
|Total Fat 9.95g||12%|
|Saturated Fat 5.87g||23%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 33.96g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.0g||7%|