Cost per serving $1.00 view details
- 8 ounce Sliced bacon
- 2 x Onions, sliced
- 2 x Green peppers, hulled and minced
- 1 x Cabbage, cut into slices
- Â Â Salt and pepper
- Â Â Several sprigs of dill and savory, minced
- 1Â 1/2 quart Water
- 2 x Egg yolks
- 1/2 c. Heavy cream (sweet or possibly sour)
- 1 Tbsp. Vinegar
- Your will need a large soup pot. Chop up one slice of bacon, and fry it in a heavy stewpan till the fat runs. Fry the onions in the fat till they are golden brown. Add in the peppers and fry them, too. Remove the stewpan from the heat. Layer the cabbage and the rest of the bacon into the soup pot. Season between the layers with salt, pepper, and the herbs.
- Pour the water over it all and bring to a boil. Turn the heat down and simmer the soup for 40 to 50 min, till the vegetables are tender. Remove the soup from the heat.
- Beat the egg yolks with the cream and the vinegar in a little bowl.
- Stir in a ladleful of the warm soup. Whisk well and pour the mix back into the soup to thicken and enrich it.
- Serve in deep bowls accompanied with fresh bread. This soup is a meal in itself, and wants only a piece of cheese and fresh fruit to make it complete.
- Serves 6.
- Time: 20 min plus 50 min cooking
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 473g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 188||73%|
|Total Fat 20.93g||26%|
|Saturated Fat 8.04g||32%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 12.17g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.1g||14%|