Cost per serving $0.77 view details
- 7 lrg Large eggs
- 2Â 1/2 c. half-and-half
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp grnd cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp grnd nutmeg
- 6 slc cinnamon-raisin bread, 1 1/2" thk
- Â Â (or possibly French bread)
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter - (about)
- Â Â Maple syrup (optional)
- Whisk first 6 ingredients in 13- by 9- by 2-inch glass baking dish. Add in bread to egg mix and let soak 20 min, pressing down occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Heat 2 Tbsp. butter in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Working in batches, add in bread to skillet. Cook till golden, turning once and adding more butter as needed, about 3 min. Transfer to baking sheet. Bake till bread puffs up and is hard in middle, about 30 min.
- Serve hot with maple syrup, if you like.
- This recipe yields 6 servings.
- Comments: "I was married last spring, and my husband and I spent our honeymoon in Del Mar, California, at L"Auberge Del Mar Resort and Spa," writes Leah Morgan of Shoreline, Washington. "While we were there, we enjoyed the cinnamon-raisin French toast. I would love to surprise my husband by re-creating this special breakfast at home."
- You"ll need to buy unsliced bread from a bakery to make this super-thick French toast.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 187g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 221||63%|
|Total Fat 25.03g||31%|
|Saturated Fat 13.89g||56%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 22.12g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.2g||1%|