- Cinnamon Sugar Pull-Apart Bread
- Recipe adapted from HungryGirlPorVida by way of Joy the Baker
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 2 1/4 tsp (1 envelope) active dry yeast
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, plus extra as needed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- In a large bowl, stir together the milk, water, yeast and a pinch of the sugar. Set aside for 5 minutes until it gets foamy â if it doesnât do anything, toss it and get fresh yeast.
- Add the flour, the rest of the sugar, salt, butter and eggs and stir until well combined. Stir (use a dough hook and your stand mixer if you have one) until you have a soft, sticky dough. Add more flour if you need to, but the dough should be tacky.
- Shape the dough into a ball and put it in the mixing bowl. Cover with a tea towel or plastic wrap and leave in a warm place for an hour or two, or until doubled in bulk. (At this point you can cover and refrigerate it overnight to slow the rise, then continue in the morning. Just let the dough sit on the countertop for 30 minutes to come back to room temperature.)
- Stir the sugar and cinnamon together in a small bowl and butter a 9â³x5â³ loaf pan.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out to about a 12â³x20â³ rectangle. Brush the dough with melted butter and sprinkle with the cinnamon-sugar. (Yes, it will be lots.)
- Slice the dough lengthwise into 6 strips and stack them on top of one another. Cut them crosswise into 6 pieces. Layer the stacks of dough squares in the loaf pan like a flip-book, cover with a tea towel and let rise for another 30-60 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350F with the rack in the middle. Bake the loaf for 20-30 minutes, until dark golden. (It will need to be dark to ensure itâs cooked through.) Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 20 minutes. Serve warm.