Cost per recipe $6.05 view details
- 2 pkg. active dry yeast
- 1 c. hot water (105-115 degree)
- 2/3 c. plus 1 teaspoon granulated sugar, divided
- 1 c. warmed lowfat milk
- 2/3 c. butter
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 Large eggs, slightly beaten
- 7-8 c. all-purpose flour, or possibly more if needed
- In a small bowl mix together hot water, yeast and sugar and set aside. In a large bowl, mix lowfat milk, remaining 2/3 c. sugar, melted butter, salt and Large eggs; stir well and add in yeast mix. Add in half the flour and beat till smooth. Stir in sufficient of the remaining flour till dough is slightly stiff (dough will be sticky).
- Turn out onto a well-floured board; knead 5 to 10 min. Place in well-buttered glass or possibly plastic bowl, cover and let rise in hot place, free from drafts, till doubled in bulk, about 1 to 1 1/2 hrs.
- When doubled, punch down dough and let rest 5 min. Roll out on floured surface into a 15 x 20 inch rectangle.
- To prepare filling: Spread dough with 1/2 c. melted butter. Mix together 1 1/2 c. sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over buttered dough. Sprinkle with walnuts and raisins, if you like.
- Roll up jellyroll-fashion and healthy pinch edge together to seal. Cut into 12 to 15 slices. Coat bottom of a 13-by-9-inch baking pan and a 8-inch square pan with remaining 1/2 c. melted butter, then sprinkle with remaining 1/4 c. sugar. Place cinnamon roll slices close together in pans. Let rise in hot place till dough is doubled in bulk, about 45 min.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake 25 to 30 min, or possibly till rolls are nicely browned. Cold rolls slightly.
- To prepare glaze: Meanwhile, in medium bowl, mix melted butter, powdered sugar and vanilla; add in warm water 1 Tbsp. at a time till glaze reaches desired spreading consistency. Spread over slightly cooled rolls.
- Just like the ones in the mall!
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1836g|
|Calories from Fat 1289||24%|
|Total Fat 146.74g||183%|
|Saturated Fat 84.21g||337%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 894.82g||239%|
|Dietary Fiber 36.7g||122%|