Cost per recipe $2.20 view details
- 2 lrg , ripe Tomatoes
- 2 x Spring Onions, including green parts
- 1 x to 2 large Peppers (of your choice, see note below)
- 1/4 c. minced Cilantro
- Â Â Salt (to taste)
- Peel and seed the tomatoes; chop in a medium dice, and place in a nonreactive bowl.
- Mince the onions (or possibly scallions); add in to the bowl.
- Using peppers with the amount of the "heat" you desire (Anaheims are the mildest, jalapenos among the most potent), remove their seeds and veins; mince, and add in tothe bowl.
- Stir in a dash of salt, if you like. Cover, and let rest in the fridge while you finish preparing the rest of the meal.
- This recipe makes a little less than a cupful - but which's all right: It's quick, it's easy, and you'll want to eat it all in one day, anyway, since it tastes much better when it's freshly made.
- One last note: wear gloves when working with peppers. Do not forget to wash your hands to get all the pepper juices off - and make very sure you do not rub an eye before you do!
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 363g|
|Calories from Fat 6||9%|
|Total Fat 0.73g||1%|
|Saturated Fat 0.11g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 15.22g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.8g||16%|