A Very Happy Cinco De Mayo to all the readers out there!!!! One More reason to enjoy Mexican fiest, here it is !!!!!
A quick and healthy, after school veg. Mexican snack/lunch/or even a better dinner idea for warm weather now-a-days is famous in my house, which also gives you lot of time to enjoy outdoors with kids/other activities. I have incorporated this dish with organic whole corn low sodium tortilla chips, mashed beans instead of using refried high sodium, high cholesterol beans minus lard* with lots of lettuce, tomatoes, scallions, guacamole, skimmed cheese & a dash of hot sauce, everything UNDER 15 MINS.
- Organic corn tortilla chips (spread in the dish, use as per need)
- 1 C boiled, mashed kidney/pinto beans minus lard* (vegetarian)
- 1 Tbsp Taco seasoning
- 2 C lettuce, finely shredded
- 1/2 C tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/2 C scallions, finely chopped
- 2-3 Tbsp of guacamole, freshly prepared
- 2-3 Tbsp beaten yogurt or sour cream
- Few drops of lemon juice
- Salt & pepper
- Hot sauce of your choice, I used Ortega Hot Sauce
- 1/4 C Authentic 4 cheese mexican, finely shredded
- 1.. Add water and salt to mashed kidney/pinto beans along with taco seasoning and bring it to pouring/dropping consistency.
- 2.. Spread chips in the serving dish, with a help of spoon, drop the bean mixture over these chips
- 3.. Now, layer it with some lettuce, tomatoes, scallions, guacamole, lemon juice, beaten yogurt, cheese & a dash of hot sauce.
- 4.. Sprinkle salt & pepper if desire..and its ready to eat..
- Note: Lard*: Lard is made of rendered and clarified pork fat, which means high cholesterol content, but no trans fatty acids.
- Substitue of Lard: Equal amount of vegetable oil/ butter for better flavor.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 204g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 21||13%|
|Total Fat 2.51g||3%|
|Saturated Fat 0.67g||3%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 26.43g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 7.8g||26%|